The principle of NISON is to strengthen capacity in Nematology in view of the need to develop sustainable and ecologically prudent nematode management systems that will promote better community livelihoods.
The objectives of NISON are to:
- Conduct research and develop appropriate technologies in all aspect of nematology
- Enhance capacity building of Nematologists and allied scientists in the country,
- Maintain high ethical standards of Nematologist in the country
- Inspire and educate people in the principles and science of nematology.
- Create and promote awareness and optimize the benefits of nematology towards solving nematological problems of crops in Nigeria and beyond.
- Stimulate experience/knowledge sharing, training and nematology amongst scientists, researchers, students, and other stakeholders